Dr. Anil B. Amin
Dr. Anil B. Amin is a senior consultant pathologist with over 35 years of experience in Anatomic and Clinical pathology. Have additional expertise of over 20 years in Fish pathology, both diagnostic and research related.
- 1971 M.D. – Doctor of Medicine – Specialist in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, Bombay University, Bombay, India.
- 1971 D.P.B. – Diploma in Pathology & Bacteriology, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Bombay, India.
- 1967 M.B.B.S – Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery, Bombay University, Bombay, India.
Contribution To Aquaculture Science
- 1988 Start feeding of Arctic charr. In cooperation with Professor Jeff Wallace at NFH, University of Tromsø.
- 1989 Morphological study of muscle tissue and epidermal mucous cells in Arctic charr after sustained exercise. In cooperation with Professors Jørgen Christiansen & Malcom Jobling at NFH, University of Tromsø
- 1990 Early warning of Furunculosis in fish farms – Comparative microbiological, serological (ELISA), histopathological and immunohistochemical study. In cooperation with Rolv Kristiansen and Robert Eliassen, Nordland Research Institute.
- 1990 Endomyocarditis (EMC) changes in heart of Atlantic salmon. In cooperation with Bodø University College, Student project of Marianne Hestivik.
- 1990 Morphological study on problems related to start feeding and growth in Turbot. In cooperation with Tinfos Aqua (Fish farm), Project leader: Kjersti Gravingen.
- Christiansen, J.S., Martinez, I., Jobling, M., Amin, A.B. 1992. Rapid somatic growth and muscle damage in a salmonid fish. Basic and Applied Myology, 2: 235-239.
- Christiansen, J.S., Jobling, M., Amin, A.B., Ribe, H. 1991. Histomorphological changes in epidermal structure of juvenile Arctic charr (Salvelinus alpinus L.) subjected to sustained excercise Canadian Journal of Zoology, 69: 2450-2455.
- Amin, A.B., Poppe, T.T. 1989. Subendocardial Fibroelastosis in Atlantic salmon: A case report. Bulletin of European Fish Pathologists, 9: 86.
- Amin, A.B., Trasti, G. 1989. Eosinophilic granular cells in heart of Atlantic salmon. Bulletin of European Fish Pathologists, 9: 69.
- Amin, A.B. 1988. Pyogenic meningitis in Rainbow trout : A case report. Bulletin of European Fish Pathologists, 8: 72.
- Amin, A.B. 1988. Endomyocarditis in Atlantic salmon in norwegian seafarms : A case report. Bulletin of European Fish Pathologists, 8: 70.
- Amin, A.B. Mortensen, L., Poppe, T. 1991. HISTOLOGISK ATLAS – Normalstruktur hos laksfisk Published by Akvapatologisk Laboratorium AS; Bodø, Norge. 222p.
- Amin, A.B. Mortensen, L., Poppe, T. 1992. HISTOLOGY ATLAS – Normal Structure of Salmonids A colour atlas – English, German, French and Spanish legends. Published by Akvapatologisk Laboratorium AS; Bodø, Norge. 222p.
EAFP VI International Conference on Diseases of Fish & Shellfish, 5-10 Sept 1993, Breast, France.
- Role of organ bank in health & quality control of fish farm- A.B. Amin
- New technologies in education programmes- A.B.Amin, K.H.Johansen, F.Andersen, T.A.Johansen & T. Olaussen.
EAFP XIV International conference on diseases of fish and shellfish (organised by the EAFP) in Prague,zech Republic. Presented two posters:
- Location and morphology of the heart conduction system in Atlantic salmon and Atlantic cod,
- Distribution and density of taste buds in the epidermis of Atlantic cod, Gadus morhua L.
- Participated in the Annual Meeting of Norwegian Fishery Association, 16-18 Oct. 1992, Ålesund.
- EAFP V International conference on Diseases of Fish & Shellfish, 25-29 Aug. 1991-Budapest, Hungary.
- Poster:Immunological methods in diagnosis of Furunculosis – Results of prospective study- A.B. Amin, R. Kristiansen, Ø. Evensen, G. Eggset.
- Attended Årsmøte-Seminar – Fiskhelse 14-16 Jan. 1991.
- Symposium on Diseases in Asian Aquaculture, 26-29 Nov. 1990
- Oral: Histomorphological changes in epidermal skin texture of juvenile Arctic charr, Salvenius alpinus L.,
- submitted to sustained exercise- A.B. Amin, H. Ribe, J.S. Christiansen & M. Jobling.
EAFP IV International Conference on Diseases of Fish & Shellfish, 24-28 Sept.1989. Santiago de Compostelle, Spain.
Poster: Yersinia ruckeri meningitis in Atlantic salmon – morphological, microbiological & immunohistochemical study – A.B. Amin & Ø. Evensen.